MAGISTRATE COURT EXISTS TO SERVE THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct probable cause hearings and issue criminal warrants
- File and conduct hearings concerning civil law suits for amounts of $15,000 and under.
- Issue FiFa’s and Garnishments in civil cases that have been adjudicated.
- Conduct hearings for Trover actions to retrieve property.
- Perform marriage ceremonies.
SCHEDULE OF COSTS:
A dismissal fee of $50 for misdemeanor warrants and $100 for felony warrants SHALL be paid before any warrant is dismissed by Magistrate Court. Such dismissal shall be granted only prior to the arrest of a defendant.
- Filing Fee – 1 Defendant
- 2 Defendant
- Service of Writ
- Transfer of Civil Case
- Issuing and Filing a Fi.Fa.
Appeal to State or Superior Court
Chief Magistrate Judge
201 North Main Street Room 21
Courthouse – Sylvester, Georgia 31791
Phone: (229) 776-8210
Fax: (229) 776-8245
Office Hours: 9AM-5PM Mon.-Fri.
Located on the 2nd floor of the Worth County Courthouse